Liquid Studio’s JSON Schema Editor makes Schema development fast and efficient with its intuitive graphical interface.
The Graphical JSON Schema Designer simplifies visualizing, authoring and navigating complex JSON Schemas. The Graphical Editor provides an intuitive, interactive view of the JSON Schema that is easy to navigate an edit.
- Supports Internet Engineering Task Force draft 4.0 JSON Schema Standard
- Split View Editor
- Rich Navigation Tools
- (JSON to JSON Schema) and (JSON Schema to JSON)
- Visual Studio Integration
Simple, Powerful Graphical Editor
The JSON Schema Editor presents a graphical representation of the schema, showing the structure of the JSON Schema. By expanding default and referenced values, the resulting model is simple and intuitive making it easy to understand and edit.
The graphical JSON Schema model simplifies the presentation of the underlying JSON Schema data, without compromising the ability to implement the full range of features within the IETF draft 4.0 JSON Schema Standard. Making it possible to view an edit the most complex JSON Schema's using a simple graphical representation.
Split View Editing
The JSON Schema Editor can be used in Split View Mode, which shows the JSON Schema source code along side the graphical model. Changes to the model are instantly reflected in the code view, and changes to the code are reflected in the model when it is selected again.
The graphical model can be edited directly, with acceptable values being listed where appropriate. Structural elements can be added using the right click context menus (or via the toolbar or keyboard shortcuts). All menus and toolbars are context sensitive, becoming disabled when they are not applicable to the selected model item.
In order to keep the model view simple and uncluttered, not every property is shown. Properties are not displayed on the diagram if they have not been set, if they are advanced features, or if the value is denoted graphically in the model.
All these properties can be edited using the property grid. The property grid shows all the properties that are applicable for the selected item in the model, and can be viewed and edited in the properties window.
Details of the selected item can be seen by hovering over the item. The tooltip provides detailed information about the item along with clickable links to associated types.
The editor provides a rich selection of navigation aids, making it easy to find the specific parts of an JSON schema are of interest.
- Graphical Model - Shows a graphical representation of the JSON Schema, when the selected item in the model changes, the selection in the source view and document outline tree is kept in sync. Changes to the model are reflected instantly in the JSON Schema Source view.
- Source View - The raw JSON code representing the JSON Schema. As the selection in the source view changes, the corresponding items are automatically selected in the graphical model and document outline tree. Changes to the source view are reflected in the Graphical model when it is re-selected.
- Goto Definition - from an object/property/value in a JSON instance document you navigate to the JSON Schema definition.
The JSON Schema Editor also comes with a host of tools to increase productivity.
- Spell Checker - Find and fix spelling mistakes with our intelligent spell checker.
Comprehensive Schema Validation
Support for the Standard.
The JSON Schema Editor supports the IETF draft 4.0 JSON Schema standard, validation can be carried out on the source or model views. The errors are shown in the error window and in-place within the graphical mode.
The Source View also provides intellisense and auto complete based on the IETF draft 4.0 JSON Schema standard.
Errors and warnings are reported via the Error Window in real time, clicking on an error selects the source of the error in the source and logical (graphical) views.
Familiar Windows Environment
The Graphical JSON Schema Editor provides a fully featured environment with all the familiar windows features you would expect and more including:
- Cut & Paste - Cut and Paste entities within the Code and model view
- Drag & Drop - Move sections of the model around by dragging
- Find & Replace - Search within the text and diagram, using advanced filters such as regular expressions, wild-cards, whole word, and match case
- Multi Set Undo/Redo - Instant undo/redo for changes made in the model and the code
- Printing - Print from both the graphical model and text source views. Scale the model to fit a on X by Y pages or scale by a fixed ratio
- Zoom - Control the scaling and spacing within your JSON Schema diagram
Visual Studio Integration
The Graphical JSON Schema Editor can also be fully integrated into the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, increasing productivity by allowing users to work in a consistent familiar environment.