What's New for 2018?
Liquid Technologies have announced the availability of Liquid Studio 2018 and Liquid XML Data Binder 2018, providing many new features and enhancements plus general performance and stability improvements.
The new release extends and improves on the existing functionality by introducing other new tools and technologies that our users have requested in order to continue to make Liquid Studio the best value XML development environment available.
NEW JSON Editor Edition
A new entry level edition specifically for developers who require the Graphical JSON Schema editor and associated JSON tools. This also includes all of the features of the free Community edition.
NEW JSON Schema Draft 6 support
Along with JSON Schema Draft 4, the graphical JSON Schema editor now supports JSON Schema Draft 6 and the JSON editor now provides validation for both JSON Schema specifications.
A full list of functional changes can be found on the official Schema Draft 6 migration FAQ
NEW JSON Document Outline View
Provides a simple tree that makes it possible to quickly visualize and navigate around a JSON document.
NEW JSON Schema Library
Automatically associates JSON documents with common standard schemas based on the JSON filename, enabling validation and intellisense for the standard JSON file types. Also allows the creation of new instances of standard JSON documents from the New File dialog.
NEW JSON Schema Documentation Tool for HTML and PDF
Create documentation for JSON Schemas (Draft 4 and Draft 6), either as rich HTML with navigable diagrams or as a printable PDF.
NEW Schematron Editor and Validation
Validation rules from Schematron, RelaxNG, and XSD can now be associated with a document, allowing multiple schemas and schema types to be used to validate an XML instance document.
NEW XSLT 3.0 support
Provides support for the latest XSLT 3.0 functions and clauses.
NEW Git Source Control Integration support
Provides support for Git source control by providing a wrapper over TortoiseGit. Shows the status of each document within the Project tree.
NEW .Net Standard support in XML Data Binder
Liquid XML Data Binder now support generating C# and Visual Basic .Net source code and project files for .Net Standard (1.6 and 2.0).
NEW .Net Core support in XML Data Binder
Liquid XML Data Binder now support generating C# and Visual Basic .Net source code and project files for .Net Core (1.1 and 2.0).
Fixes and Improvements
Liquid Studio and XML Editors
- Added PDF support for XML Schema Documentation Tool.
- Added Forward and backward navigation points in text editors.
- Added option to set the document 'Encoding' to properties grid for all editors.
- Added option to set the document 'Line Endings' to properties grid for all editors.
- Improved XML Schema to JSON Schema conversion.
- Added editors for default, const, enum, and examples value editors in JSON Schema editor.
Liquid Data Mapper
- Database source SQL can now be parameterized, making it easy to restrict the data read from the database.
- Added SQLite support - use SQLite as a data source in data transformations.
- Timezone functions added (toLocal, toUTC, setTimezone).
- Added 'Line Endings' to XML Writer properties.
Liquid XML Data Binder
- Added option for .Net projects to 'Generate Nullable Simple Types'. This generates optional simple types as .Net Nullable Types, e.g. int?, instead of generating IsValid properties. This means optional simple types work like complex types allowing you to test for and set them to null (or Nothing in VB).
- Added option for all Visual Studio 2017 C# and Visual Basic .Net projects to use the LiquidTechnologies.Runtime Nuget instead of the locally installed Liquid Runtime files.
- Added option for .Net projects to specify a 'Strong Names Key File'. This adds the specified value into the project file as a strong name key file, e.g. MyKey.snk, and sets 'Sign the assembly' to 'true'.
Visual Studio Extensions
- All Visual Studio extensions are now installed from a single VSIX file.
Along with the new features outlined above, existing features have also been enhanced and improved with functionality requested by our users.