Liquid Technologies Support Forum

The new Liquid Support forum for 2013
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » XML Studio » XML does not validate against Schema

Questions, Bugs, and Suggestions relating to the Liquid XML Studio Editor Environment.
25/06/2012 13:47:50

Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Hi,
I have created an XML file and I have coded the schema for it.
When I validate, I get the following error message [See attached image]
I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the schema. Is this a bug in LXS 2012?

Please find attached the xml and xsd file

• Product Version: Liquid XML studio 2012 Developer Edition v10.1.2 Build 4113
  • Platform: Windows 7 Sp1 x86
  • Error message: Please see screenshot above
  • Steps to produce: Paste the XML and XSD codes, change the value of the noNamespaceSchemaLocation to reflect xsd file
  • Sample XML and XSD attached.

Anyone has any solution, please share.
edited by s.jaunbuccus@uom.ac.mu on 25/06/2012

0 permalink
25/06/2012 14:25:34

Liquid Support
Liquid Support
Hi, I looks like it cannot find the schema? I saved them into the same folder and changed the scheaLocation to xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="./XSDEx1.xsd" and it works OK?
0 permalink
25/06/2012 14:49:20

Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Hello Liquid Sales,
You are right. When you put it in the same folder it works.
Since LXS creates 3 folders by default (Documents, Schemas and Transformations), I decided to put all my XSD in the Schemas folder.

But would "../Schemas/XSDEx1.xsd" not route the Parser to the right file?

If you write just "XSDEx1.xsd" when you leave the file in the Schemas folder, you get the file not found error [Please see image attachment].
Which means for the scenario above, it finds the file, but for some reason cannot process it.

It really not a problem to put all the files in the same folder. Just that the separation of different file types (default behaviour) seemed a really good idea from Liquid XML.

Thank you for your kind help.

Regards,
Shehzad.

Attachments:
NotFoundError.PNG
0 permalink
25/06/2012 15:06:15

Liquid Support
Liquid Support
Hi, this is odd as I cannot replicate the original issue. I moved the files in to a Documents and a Schemas folder and used your original files and it found and validated correctly. I wonder if there is a typo in a path we are no seeing?
0 permalink
25/06/2012 15:21:49

Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Hi,
I am attaching the Project... Maybe there is something I am not doing right. Are you getting the same error?

Please find attached the XSDEx1 project in zip format.

Regards,
Shehzad

UPDATE:
I closed XML studio. Reload Studio and project.
None of the files were appearing on the Project Explorer.
Import the files again in their respective folders i.e. XML file in Documents and XSD file in Schemas.
Use "XSDEx1.xsd" in noNamespaceSchemaLocation
XML now validates.

Maybe there was a problem with the project files...

Thank you Liquid Sales for your support and kind help.

Regards,
Shehzad.

UPDATE 2

The error seems to surface again. When modifying both files saving and validating again, the validation fails.
This time reloading again did not help.
Maybe the files are cached somewhere and the application is using the cached copy. Honestly I don't know...
I will leave it for some time and see... Weird no one else is getting this error.

Regards,
Shehzad.
edited by s.jaunbuccus@uom.ac.mu on 25/06/2012

Attachments:
XSDEx1.zip
0 permalink
25/08/2012 12:08:22

Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Shehzad Jaunbuccus
Hello,
Changes to the XML and XSD in SOURCE view bug is still not resolved in the 10.1.3.4172 build.

See http://www.liquid-technologies.com/Forum/topic81-schema-changes-not-reflected-in-validation.aspx. for further details where this was raised as an urgent issue.

Regards,
Shehzad.
0 permalink

Home » XML Studio » XML does not validate against Schema